Web domains can be worth a lot of money, especially when the right buyer with the right need comes along. With certain domain purchases, you can profit quite a bit, even upwards of a million dollars in various instances. Business Insider recently underwent a search on domain name resource DN Journal to gather up the most expensive domain names of all time. Their list is filled with million dollar-only sales, as some of these domains were even squatted on for multiple decades. Domains such as Power.com, eBet.com, Porno.com, Sex.com and many more are featured on the compilation. See a selection here below.
1 Sex.com for $13,000,000 in 2010
2. Porno.com for $8,888,888 in 2015
3. Porn.com for $8,500,000 in 2007
4. Diamond.com for $7,500,000 in 2006
5. Slots.com for $5,500,000 in 2010
6. Toys.com for $5,100,000 in 2009
7. Clothes.com for $4,900,000 in 2008
8. Vodka.com for $3,000,000 in 2006
9. Candy.com for $3,000,000 in 2006
10. Social.com for $2,600,000 in 2011
11. Dating.com for $1,750,000 in 2010
12. Auction.com for $1,700,000 in 2009
Head on over to Business Insider to view the entire list.